Lavender is an extremely versatile essential oil used for relieving tension, calming the mind and reducing skin irritations and itching.
Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula angustifolia) is a wonderful therapeutic oil extracted from the flower of the mint or deadnettle family of plants known as the Pinaceae. It promotes restful sleep and relaxation. It relieves anxiety and calms adults, children and pets. Lavender helps with symptoms of ADD, ADHD and depression.
- Calms and relaxes the mind
- Soothes skin irritations and itching
- Helps skin recover quickly
Lavender Essential Oil can be applied topically without dilution.
- Diffuse 3-5 drops in water to soothe and calm the body and mind, or breathe directly from the bottle
- Apply 1-3 drops topically on chest, forehead, neck or wrists
- Apply topically to relieve itching from insect bites, reduce inflammation and heal minor cuts or bruises
For sensitive skin, test 1 drop on your forearm to check your skin’s reaction. If irritation occurs, dilute in a carrier oil.