Peppermint Essential Oil has a high menthol content and is frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gums for oral health. It is also used for headaches, stomach pain and digestion.
Peppermint (Mentha piperita) is a minty, herbaceous oil extracted from the entire plant of the mint or deadnettle family of plants known as the Lamiaceae. Peppermint promotes healthy respiratory function, relieves headaches and tension migraines and enhances clear breathing and fresh breath.
- Promotes respiratory function and clear breathing
- Alleviates stomach pain and headaches
- Freshens breath, teeth and gums
Dilute in a carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil before using topically.
- Diffuse 3-5 drops in water for energising and invigorating effects
- Apply 1-3 drops topically diluted in 5ml (1 teaspoon) carrier oil on forehead and back of neck for headaches and tension
- Add 1 drop to toothpaste to freshen breath
Skin sensitivity, use sparingly. Do not use near or on eyes or lips. If irritation occurs, use olive oil or coconut oil to dilute.