Sweet marjoram is a warming essential oil used to ease muscular and rheumatic pain. It strengthens the peristalsis and relieves constipation and flatulence. Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil is steam-distilled from the dried leaves and flowering tops of Origanum Majorana.
It lowers blood pressure and treats bruises and chilblains. It can be used to medicate colds, flus, asthma, bronchitis and whooping cough. It is an excellent remedy for menstrual cramps. It helps with anxiety and insomnia and brings comfort to those that are lonely or grieving. It is also an anaphrodisiac and lowers sexual desire.
- Relieves muscular and rheumatic pain
- Decreases blood pressure
- Treats colds, asthma, bronchitis and whooping cough
- Eases menstrual cramps
- Lowers libido
Marjoram Essential Oil can be used topically without dilution.
- Add 2-3 drops into a massage oil to help with rheumatic and muscular pain
- Add 2-3 drops into a hot compress and apply on lower abdomen to ease menstrual cramps
- Add a few drops into a hot bath before bedtime to induce sleep
Do not use during pregnancy.
Sweet Marjoram Essential Oil is non-toxic, non-sensitising and non-irritating.