Macadamia oil is a carrier oil with unique health benefits for the skin as well as the heart. It contains a large amount (18-25%) of palmitoleic acid, which is also present in the sebum and secreted by the sebaceous glands in the skin. This makes it especially beneficial for mature skin types as it helps the skin recover from stress caused by environmental toxins and so assists in keeping the skin elastic and preventing wrinkles.
Macadamia oil is also rich in oleic acid, which protects the skin by suppressing transepidermal water loss (TEWL). Oleic acid benefits the heart by decreasing blood pressure, increasing the burning of fat and preventing free radical damage.
The presence of phyto (or plant) sterols calms the skin and eases the penetration of macadamia oil into the skin.
Macadamia oil is highly recommended for skin care applications and can be used in combination with any essential oil.
- Supports skin recovery from environmental toxins
- Assists in keeping the skin elastic
- Helps prevent forming of wrinkles
Suitable for all skin types.
- Use as a base oil with essential oils in skin care
- Use as a massage oil with essential oils
- Use as a gentle carrier oil with suitable essential oils for various digestive, respiratory and other ailments
Macadamia oil shelf life is up to two years.