Lemon myrtle is a relaxing essential oil used for infections, hormonal imbalances and respiratory problems. It removes mucus from the respiratory tract, and can be applied as a gentle remedy for asthma, bronchitis and nighttime coughs. It has a normalising effect on ovaries and the thyroid.
Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil is steam-distilled from the leaves of the lemon myrtle plant (Backhousia citriodora). It is used to treat microorganisms such as salmonella, listeria and herpes. It helps with insomnia, enhances concentration, and reduces nervousness.
- Treats asthma and nighttime coughs
- Increases concentration
- Helps contain bacteria and viruses
Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil may irritate the skin and should be used in dilutions only.
Lemon Myrtle Essential Oil is non-toxic but may be sensitising and cause skin irritation.
- Inhale directly from the bottle to relieve nervousness or to boost concentration
- Use in a diffuser or add to bathwater to induce sleepiness
- Blend with a carrier oil and rub on the back, chest and neck to ease bronchitis or asthma