French Lavender Essential Oil is a clonal variety of Lavandula angustifolia. It has a higher Linalyl acetate and lower camphor content than common lavender, making it sweeter and better suited for children. It can be used to treat colic, flatulence and abdominal cramps in toddlers and adults. It is an excellent choice for skin problems, such as eczema, acne and athlete’s foot.
French lavender is steam-distilled from the flowering tops of Lavandula angustifolia, var. maillette. Its sedative qualities render it useful for depression as well as insomnia. It soothes asthma and throat infections, alleviates symptoms of cystitis, leucorrhea and dysmenorrhea, and relieves muscular and rheumatic pain.
- Relieves colic, flatulence and abdominal cramps in children
- Alleviates skin problems
- Eases muscular and rheumatic pain
- Lifts up mood and dispels depression
French Lavender Essential Oil can be used topically without dilution.
French lavender Essential Oil is non-toxic, non-sensitising and non-irritating.
- Add 2-3 drops to a carrier oil and rub on a child’s stomach to relieve pain from colic
- Add 2-3 drops to a skin lotion and apply on skin to soothe eczema
- Use in a massage oil to ease rheumatic pain
- Inhale directly from the bottle to alleviate depression or to fall asleep more easily