Citronella is a fresh, vibrant essential oil used for its medicinal properties, for fever, intestinal parasites, digestive and menstrual problems, as a stimulant and an insect repellent.
Citronella (cymbopogon nardus) is a yellowy-brown oil with a fresh, powerful, lemony scent. It is extracted from the grass of the true grasses family of plants known as the Poaceae. It is an antiseptic, antispasmodic, deodoriser and insecticide, and is also used for headaches, migraine and neuralgia.
- Repels insects and deodorises the body
- Relieves cold and flu symptoms
- Reduces fatigue, headaches and migraine
Dilute in a carrier oil such as coconut or olive oil before using topically.
- Diffuse 3-5 drops in water for deodorising a room, repelling insects and easing headaches or migraine
- Apply 1-3 drops topically by diluting in 5ml (1 teaspoon) carrier oil
- Apply topically to ankles and arms to repel insects
Skin sensitivity, use carefully. Do not use on face or near or on eyes. If irritation occurs, use coconut or olive oil to dilute.