Melissa, also known as lemon balm, is a soothing essential oil used to calm anxiety and take the edge off anger. It regulates ovulation and minimises period pain. It lowers high blood pressure, relaxes a racing heartbeat and makes it easier to recover from stress.
Melissa Essential Oil is steam-distilled from the leaves and flowers of the melissa plant (Melissa officinalis). It alleviates symptoms of cough and asthma, as well as shrinking herpes blisters. It is also used to control eczema, acne and oily skin.
- Calms an anxious mind and reduces anger
- Balances ovulation and eases menstrual pain
- Helps with cough and to bring down herpes sores
Melissa Essential Oil may be a skin sensitiser and an irritant. Always use diluted on the skin.
- Mix with a carrier oil and massage on lower abdomen to relieve period pain
- Inhale from a diffuser to calm an asthma attack
- Inhale directly from the bottle to reduce anxiety and stress
Possible skin sensitiser. May irritate the skin if used undiluted.