Jasmine is a warm, aphrodisiac oil used for physical, mental and sexual problems. It relieves menstrual pain, strengthens contractions in childbirth and alleviates postnatal gloom. It increases the flow of mother’s milk and eases uterine spasms. With men, it increases the sperm count and helps with enlarged prostate gland.
Jasmine Essential Oil is extracted from jasmine flowers (Jasminum grandiflorum) by enfleurage. It is a stimulating antidepressant used to overcome lethargy. It also treats dry, irritated skin.
- Intensifies contractions in childbirth
- Stimulates production of mother’s milk
- Combats depression and lethargy
Jasmine Essential Oil can be used topically without dilution.
Jasmine Essential Oil is non-sensitising, non-irritant and non-phototoxic.
- Rub on lower back and abdomen to aid with contractions
- Add to carrier oil to use in gentle massage for depression
- Use very small amounts in a cream or a lotion to moisturise dry skin
Do not use during pregnancy.