Ginger is a grounding essential oil used to diminish the effects of nausea, colds, and morning sickness. It can be used to ease rheumatic and muscular pain, and to soothe stomach cramps. Ginger Essential Oil is steam distilled from the unpeeled ginger root.
Ginger Essential Oil helps with sore throat, coughs and sinusitis. It is a heart tonic and will aid poor circulation and strengthen a fatigued heart. Ginger induces sweating, reduces temperature, as well as stimulating poor circulation.
- Helps with nausea and morning sickness
- Reduces rheumatic pain and muscular aches
- Stimulates the heart and blood circulation
Ginger may irritate the skin in high concentrations. Dilute in coconut or olive oil before applying topically for sensitive skin.
- Make a gargle to treat a sore throat by adding 2 drops in a teaspoon of vodka, then adding the mixture to a glass of water
- Add 3 drops into 10ml of carrier oil to use in massage for muscular pain
- Inhale directly from the bottle to alleviate nausea
Ginger Essential Oil is non-toxic but may be sensitising and cause skin irritation in some individuals.