Eucalyptus Radiata Essential Oil is closely related to its better-known cousin, Eucalyptus globulus. It contains less eucalyptol, causes less skin irritation and has a more agreeable odour than Eucalyptus globulus, also known as the blue gum. It is well suited for treating burns, cuts and other damage to the skin. It is also recommended for shingles and cold sores, both caused a herpes virus.
Eucalyptus radiata is steam-distilled from the leaves of the narrow-leafed peppermint gum. It eases breathing by decongesting respiratory passages. It brings relief to muscular and rheumatic pain and helps with tiredness, neuralgia and headaches.
- Gently treats wounds and burns
- Clears cold sores
- Eases breathing during infections
Can be applied topically without dilution.
- Use in steam inhalation to ease breathing difficulties during a flu
- Add to a massage oil to gain relief from muscular or rheumatic pain
- Apply on forehead and temples to help with a headache
Eucalyptus radiata is non-toxic, non-irritating and non-sensitising.