Basil is a versatile essential oil used for respiratory and digestive problems, fevers, muscular pains, rheumatism, insufficient menstruation and mental ailments. It is extracted from the leaves and flowers of the sweet or common basil (Ocimum basilicum).
Basil Essential Oil is an invaluable remedy for various chest infections, including bronchitis and whooping cough. It helps to reduce fever and alleviates rheumatic pain. It works to clear the head and assists greatly in combating anxiety and depression.
- Alleviates muscular and rheumatic pain
- Calms chest infections
- Helps to normalise periods
- Relieves depression and anxiety
May irritate sensitive skin. Dilute before using topically.
- Massage on stomach for digestive disorders
- Massage on lower abdomen for sparse periods
- Inhale directly or vaporise in a diffuser to clear chaotic thoughts
Do not use when pregnant.